Friday, 30 September 2011

my uni projects

just want to show what I have been doing in uni for past few weeks. I never liked this unit. :S always made me to stay back in uni until late evening. =/ somemore, I needed to grow bacteria which I threw them off by the end of the experiment.=.="

equipments used to grow the bacteria

the feed and the harvest bottle.

Apparently, this bacteria can produce some enzymes which can solidify sands and create calcite chemically. So, if you go to the beach and pour a portion of this bacteria on top of the sands, you can get solidified sand.*I have seen the sample before, the sandstone was quite hard*

Now I'm growing some algae which can produce beta carotene! yes! We can eat the algae now instead of munching off carrot. LOL.*doubt I would want to eat the algae though.=.="*

In 25 degree room.

another part of the room.

in glasshouse

look! starting to get orange-ish! shows that they are producing beta carotene. :D

these are the one we put open air.Poor them. Perth has been raining for the past few days. Hopefully they wont overflow. Otherwise, experiment = failed to me.

these are the equipments used by the researchers in my uni to grow algae too.

Sometime I prefer to do practical works rather than sitting in front of a book and memorize everything without understanding. However, you will start to feel annoying when you have to be in uni almost everyday, spending few hours in lab or until late of the day...Well, I guess, uni life has never been easy for us? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment